Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I don't think this post has any particular message or point, I'm just gonna keep pressing keys and see where this ends up. So I'm listening to Colin Hay, and I have this really amazing tingly feeling; like electricity is coursing through my veins. Wow, that sounded cheesy. But it isn't. It's really just indescribable. A culmination of excitement and satisfaction and peace. Placidity. And hopefulness for the future. And knowing that there is so much to be done, and so much to give and receive.
It feels as if I'm on the verge of something amazing. I've had this feeling for a few weeks now, like something breathtaking is about to happen. I don't know if it's just excitement to finish school and start living, or if there is actually something unseen that I am about to be dealt.
I think that there's also a realisation that I have so much inside me, so much to contribute... to anything, anyone I put my mind to. I wish that there was a way better than this that I could tell you what I mean, but these euphemisms will have to do.
I'm so fascinated and excited and blown away by all the possibilities for the future, for learning, for experiencing and feeling new things. And I'm at the point where I am content with my friendships and am so grateful for them. I'm constantly surprised at how easy it is to forget be kind, and whenever I find myself lacking positivity it's so easy to turn it around by simply being kind.

When it all comes down to it, I know who I am and I am happy with the person I am becoming. Having said that, I know how easy it is to get caught up in what other people are doing and becoming, and that you can temporarily lose yourself in other people's lives. So before I forget, I will remember what I believe in, and when I do forget, I hope I remember to remember.

I'm listening to the best playlist right now, it perfectly captures my mood, in that weird way music does...

Waiting For My Real Life To Begin by Colin Hay
A Case Of You by Joni Mitchell
Our Love Is Beautiful by Ethan Gold
Free You by Art Of Fighting
Same Suburb, Different Park by Firekites
Never Think by Robert Pattinson
Nightswimming by R.E.M.
Lozenge of Love by Radiohead

No comments:

Post a Comment